Birthstone Silver Pendant: Tanzanite
This small, sparkly and beautifully coloured starburst pendant necklace in sterling silver and gold is part of our birthstones range: lilac coloured tanzanite is one of our December birthstones. This beautiful little pendant makes a special sentimental gift for someone you love and is ideal for everyday wear.
Our birthstone starburst pendant will add a lovely little pop of sparkle and colour to anyone's everyday. It's made in shiny sterling silver and this version features a lovely lilac coloured tanzanite gemstone in a solid gold setting. Tanzanites are a beautiful and rare gemstone which are only found in Tanzania.
Tanzanites are one of the birthstone for December, so this pendant will make a special gift for someone born in December. Of course you can also wear it just because you like this stone!
See the other designs in our birthstones by month range, including rings and necklaces. Also see other December birthstone jewellery designs. Also see the turquoise birthstone pendant, which is an alternative December birthstone.
This pendant is also part of our amulets range. Starbursts represent enlightenment, while stars are regarded as representing protection and warding off negativity, along with guidance and wishes of good luck.
The small pendant is made in shiny sterling silver which features a geometric starburst design etched into the surface. The soft lilac coloured tanzanite has a facetted rose cut finish. The tanzanite is set into a solid 14ct gold setting with a serrated edge.
Note that this is a natural gemstone with natural variations, so it may differ slightly from the one photographed.
The silver and gold pendant is suspended from a delicate and sparkly silver chain. The chain is completed with a sterling silver clasp. The adjustable chain can be worn at different lengths and you can add more length with a silver chain necklace extender.
See other necklaces with pendants, silver necklaces and the amulets range: meaningful jewellery inspired by sentiments of luck, protection and love. Also see our full collections of silver jewellery and gemstone jewellery.
What you'll love:
- Quality sterling silver pendant necklace.
- Glamorous 14ct solid gold setting.
- Rare tanzanite gemstone in a lovely lilac colour.
- Tanzanites are the birthstone for December, so it will have extra meaning for someone born that month.
- Small enough to wear as an everyday piece, but will dress up well too, especially if paired with the matching earrings and ring.
- Sturdy and secure clasp.
- Versatile adjustable chain.
Just the facts:
- Materials: Sterling silver, 14ct gold setting and a tanzanite gemstone.
- Pendant size: The pendant is approximately 1cm (0.4") in diameter.
- Setting size: The gold setting with gemstone is approximately 0.3cm (0.12") in diameter.
- Necklace length: Adjustable from 45cm (18") to 55cm (21.5"). Add a further 15cm (6") with our silver chain extender.
Most of our necklaces are adjustable. We generally use standard (or princess) length (45cm / 18"), with an additional 10cm chain go up to matinee length (55cm / 22"). This is the most popular length for necklaces.
Some necklaces have different lengths and a small number are not adjustable. Be sure to read the product details and also the materials & sizes section for details about this particular necklace.
Our necklace lengths chart will give an idea of how lengths will sit. Everyone is different, so we recommend measuring an existing necklace or using string to see what will suit you.
Important: measurements are the total length (circumference). Also remember that pendants will sit lower: check our sizes & materials section for full size details.
Still not sure? Check out our handy necklace length & style guide.
- You'll get FREE shipping in Australia for orders $50+. Learn more.
- Purchases come with our money back happiness guarantee*.
- Each piece of jewellery is packaged in an eco-friendly gift box including care instructions.
- You can send orders directly to a gift recipient with a personal note. You can opt to add a gift card or add gift wrapping at checkout. Invoices are never included.
- Checkout is secure and you can pay using a credit card, Paypal, Shop Pay, Afterpay (in Australia), Google or Apple payments.
* Terms and exclusions apply (particularly for rings). Full details.