For over 25 years, Australian jeweller Simone Walsh has combined sterling silver, gold and gemstones for an alchemic, yet delicate collection of unique designer jewellery.
These contemporary jewellery designs have entranced customers around the world and can be found exclusively in our online jewellery store in Australia.
Simone Walsh Designs is a small, family run business based on the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, outside Adelaide in South Australia. Simone is the founder and creative director of our business.
We're passionate about making real jewellery using high quality precious materials like sterling silver and gold. We also aim to run a sustainable and ethical jewellery store. All of our jewellery is nickel free.
Learn why it's a great idea to shop small, shop local and/or shop handmade with independent design businesses like Simone Walsh Jewellery.
Also read below learn about how our designs are made.
Is this you?
You're a creative, independent-minded woman who has a unique sense of style and who strives to be herself rather than be like everyone else.
You're never too serious, love being adventurous and appreciate beautiful things.
Sound like you? Then we're sure you'll love what we do.
Simone Walsh in her own words
I’ve always been drawn towards the sparkly and the ornamental. When I was a kid growing up in Adelaide I had a vast collection of ornate, vintage buttons that I would play with for hours on end. These days, you can still see some of that continuing fascination with ornament in my designs.
Prior to becoming a professional jewellery designer, I worked in the music industry for some years and I spent time shuttling between London, Sydney and Adelaide. I've also spent time working in the not-for-profit sector.
Around 1993 my love of beautiful and intriguing objects came into focus when I stumbled across a simple yet fascinating statement necklace. I got myself some pliers, wire and glass to see if I could replicate the unusual design.
I was hooked and not long after I decided to study visual arts full time with jewellery as my major subject as I wanted to learn the skills needed to create the designs I imagined. In my first year, I won a Most Outstanding Student award for jewellery. Eventually I completed a Bachelor of Visual Arts with a Jewellery Major at Sydney College of the Arts, University of Sydney.
Now, over 25 years after discovering that unusual necklace, what began as a small part time hobby has grown into a blooming business and an Australian jewellery brand that caters to unique women seeking unique jewellery.
It’s been quite a ride — and I wouldn’t change a thing.
Learn more about Simone's jewellery making history.
Watch our video introduction
Watch our quick video for an overview of Simone Walsh Jewellery: what we do, who we are, how we work and what our customers say.
How our jewellery is made
Historically Simone made all of her designs from scratch in her Australian workshop. As our jewellery business has grown in recent years we've sought assistance to help us keep up with demand and to make our intricate designs possible. Read more about why we made this change.
The majority of our jewellery pieces continue to be extensively worked, finished and assembled by us in our South Australian workshop, with a number of designs still being entirely made right here.
To create many of our components we now partner with an ethically-run jewellery workshop in Indonesia which is staffed by skilled local artisans. These components are handmade for us to Simone's unique designs and prototypes.
Watch Simone handcraft a silver chain
Want to see some jewellery making in action?
Our super sparkly handmade silver chain has been one of Simone's personal favourite designs for years. It's a beautiful original sterling silver jewellery design. Each one is entirely made by hand by Simone personally, with every link in the chain having its own unique finish, giving you a truly special piece of precious jewellery.
Watch a time lapse video of Simone making this simple and delicate contemporary sterling silver chain.
Eco-friendly & ethical jewellery
The world’s resources are precious and we believe in ethical and sustainable design - and of course we have a particular interest in jewellery. We aim to run our business on sustainability:
- We aim to source ethical gemstones, often opting for more ethical man-made (lab grown) gemstones instead of higher value mined stones.
- We recycle our gold and sterling silver to ensure that none is wasted.
- We endeavour to use as much recycled precious metal as we can in our designs.
- We choose to use low impact and environmentally friendly chemicals and other materials as much as possible in our business.
- We use recycled or low impact products in our business as much as we can and we dispose of them responsibly. For instance, most of the recycled office paper we use is ultimately shredded and put through our own compost system.
- In particular we take great care with our packaging and are constantly looking to improve it. Almost everything you'll receive in your order can be reused, recycled and/or composted.
- We have chosen to partner with an ethically-run workshop in Indonesia to help us produce some of our components. We have personally visited this workshop to see the artisans at work there.
Read more about our environment and ethics policies and how we aim to create eco-friendly jewellery.
Discover the magic of Australian designer jewellery today —
visit our online jewellery shop.
Reasons to shop with us:
- Australian jewellery designs
- Secure online jewellery shop
- We're an Afterpay jewellery store
- You'll treasure our precious silver jewellery and other high quality materials
- Free shipping in Australia
- Your happiness is guaranteed
- We love sending gifts for you
- Read testimonials from happy customers
You'll find stud earrings, cocktail rings, statement necklaces, dangle earrings, silver pendants, stacking rings, gemstone earrings, silver chains, forget-me-nots, wedding jewellery, Christmas pudding coins and more.