Birthstone Silver Pendant: Opal
This small and elegantly simple starburst pendant necklace in silver and gold is part of our birthstones range: opal is the October birthstone. This pretty little pendant makes a beautiful and sentimental gift and is ideal for everyday wear.
Our birthstone starburst pendant will add a small pop of sparkle and elegance to anyone's everyday. It's made in shiny sterling silver and this version features a beautiful Australian opal in a solid gold setting. The opal is a subtle milky colour, but will feature flashes of colour: most often blues, greens or reds.
Opals are the birthstone for October, so this pendant will make a great gift for someone born in October. Of course you can also wear it just because you like this stone!
This pendant is also part of our amulets range. Starbursts represent enlightenment, while stars are regarded as representing protection and warding off negativity, along with guidance and wishes of good luck.
The small pendant is made in shiny sterling silver which features a geometric starburst design etched into the surface. The Australian opal has a smooth cabochon finish. The opal is set into a solid 14ct gold setting with a serrated edge.
Note that this is a natural opal gemstone with natural variations, so it may differ from the one photographed, including by showing different flashes of different colours, including reds, blues and greens.
The silver and gold pendant is suspended from a delicate and sparkly silver chain. The chain is completed with a sterling silver clasp. The adjustable chain can be worn at different lengths and you can add more length with a silver chain necklace extender.
See other necklaces with pendants, silver necklaces and the amulets range: a suite of meaningful jewellery full of sentiments of luck, protection and love. Also see our collections of silver jewellery and gemstone jewellery.
What you'll love:
- Quality sterling silver pendant necklace.
- Glamorous 14ct solid gold setting.
- Elegant Australian opal gemstone with subtle flashes of colour.
- Opals are the birthstone for October, so it will have extra meaning for someone born that month.
- Small enough to wear as an everyday piece, but will dress up well too, especially if paired with the matching earrings and ring.
- Sturdy and secure clasp.
- Versatile adjustable chain.
Just the facts:
- Materials: Sterling silver, 14ct gold setting and an opal gemstone.
- Pendant size: The pendant is approximately 1cm (0.4") in diameter.
- Setting size: The gold setting with gemstone is approximately 0.3cm (0.12") in diameter.
- Necklace length: Adjustable from 45cm (18") to 55cm (21.5"). Add a further 15cm (6") with our silver chain extender.
Most of our necklaces are adjustable. We generally use standard (or princess) length (45cm / 18"), with an additional 10cm chain go up to matinee length (55cm / 22"). This is the most popular length for necklaces.
Some necklaces have different lengths and a small number are not adjustable. Be sure to read the product details and also the materials & sizes section for details about this particular necklace.
Our necklace lengths chart will give an idea of how lengths will sit. Everyone is different, so we recommend measuring an existing necklace or using string to see what will suit you.
Important: measurements are the total length (circumference). Also remember that pendants will sit lower: check our sizes & materials section for full size details.
Still not sure? Check out our handy necklace length & style guide.
- You'll get FREE shipping in Australia for orders $50+. Learn more.
- Purchases come with our money back happiness guarantee*.
- Each piece of jewellery is packaged in an eco-friendly gift box including care instructions.
- You can send orders directly to a gift recipient with a personal note. You can opt to add a gift card or add gift wrapping at checkout. Invoices are never included.
- Checkout is secure and you can pay using a credit card, Paypal, Shop Pay, Afterpay (in Australia), Google or Apple payments.
* Terms and exclusions apply (particularly for rings). Full details.