This handmade silver chain necklace is a classic and is one of our most popular jewellery designs. It has a lovely light feel to wear, goes with pretty much anything and can be worn in multiple different ways. What's not to love?
Simone originally made one of these chains just for herself and it's still her most favourite piece of jewellery to wear. She personally makes every one of these chains by hand, so you'll have something to treasure.
Handmade chains are special:
Most chains are made by machines, whereas handmade chains are labour-intensive, with each individual link having been worked on by the jewellery maker and left with its own character. Watch a video of Simone making one of these chains:
For this silver necklace each loop of silver is shaped from wire, cut, linked to other loops and then all of them are soldered closed. Finally each link is hammered to give it a beautiful hammer-beaten finish which catches the light. The handmade chain is finished with a sturdy and secure bolt clasp.
The chain is then tumbled for many hours to give it a polished bright and sparkly finish.
Wear it in different ways:
You can wear this chain necklace in multiple ways. The sterling silver clasp can secure the chain at any link, meaning you can wear it at its full length or clasp it higher up to leave a trailing strand of loops, which can be worn hanging down at either the front or the back. The longer necklaces are even more versatile.
Just the facts:
- Materials: sterling silver.
- Link size: each link is approximately 1cm (0.4") in diameter.
- Necklace size: approximately 50cm (19.5") in length.
- Clasp: this chain is now secured with a sturdy bolt clasp.
Important: may be made to order
While we do generally keep the standard length handmade chain in stock, longer lengths may be made to order.
We'll get your piece made as quickly as possible, but allow up to 5 days for an item to be made to order. We'll let you know when it's on its way.
PS. Want to keep your silver and gold jewellery sparkling clean? Our jewellery polishing cloth will help you out.
Check the product details above to see the lengths available for this necklace.
This illustration will give you an idea of how each length will sit. As everyone is different we recommend you measure an existing necklace or use some string to see what will suit you.
Standard (or princess) is the most commonly purchased length and will suit most people.
Lengths in the shop are:
- Choker: 40cm / 16.5"
- Standard (princess): 45-50cm / 17.5"-19.5"
- Matinee: 55-65cm / 21.5"-25.5"
- Opera: 70-85cm / 27.5"-33.5"
Still not sure?
Check out our necklace length guide to help you decide.
- Delivery is free within Australia!
- We want you to be happy, so every order from the online jewellery store comes with a money back happiness guarantee.
- Learn more about returns and exchanges.
- Each piece of jewellery comes in a lovely gift box (see below) which includes a display card with care and cleaning instructions.
- Orders can be sent directly to a gift recipient and you can choose to include a gift card or just a note with a personal message. Invoices are never included with deliveries.