This is such a happy and brightly coloured beaded necklace and you'll always feel like you're beside the seaside while you're wearing it. It's one of our personal favourite pieces from this range of jewellery.
The spiral shell pendant design is etched into shiny sterling silver in an engraving style, reminiscent of old scientific illustrations. The beads are made from scallop shells. The most obvious colouring includes pinks and reds, but the shell beads actually vary a lot in colour and also include oranges, yellows and mauves.
The beaded necklace will add a bright pop of colour to any outfit. It will work best with casual wear given it's beachy feel. You can also experiment with dressing it up: imagine it paired with a little black dress. If you feel like being extra matchy-matchy, take a look at the spiral shell dangle earrings.
See the full seaside jewellery range for more inspiration.
The pendant on this necklace is made in sterling silver. The hand cut scallop shell beads are in a heishi style: discs of varying thickness. The outsides have a smooth finish. Each bead is different, so you'll get a unique necklace.
The adjustable necklace can be worn at choker length (40cm or 15.7") or extended to standard or princess length (50cm or 19.7"). You can add more length with a silver chain necklace extender.
Important: This is a little shorter than many of our necklaces and when using an extension chain with this necklace the clasp will sit to one side at the back of your neck as the pendant at the front is fixed in place.
What you'll love:
- Quality sterling silver pendant necklace.
- Scallop shell beads with a wide array of colours, but predominately reds and pinks.
- Sturdy and secure clasp.
- Versatile adjustable length chain.
- Unique spiral shell pendant design with an old world engraving illustration style.
- Perfect for unique interest and a sunny pop of colour to an outfit.
Just the facts:
- Materials: Sterling silver and scallop shell beads.
- Pendant size: The pendant is approximately 2.5cm (1") at its tallest and 1.9cm (0.75") at its widest.
- Bead size: The disc style heishi beads are approximately 4mm in diameter. The thickness varies between around 0.1cm-0.2cm (0.04"-0.08").
- Necklace length: Adjustable from 40cm (15.7") to 50cm (19.7"). Note that this is shorter than many of our necklaces and when using an extension chain with this necklace the clasp will need to sit to one side at the back of your neck as the pendant at the front is fixed in place.
Most of our necklaces are adjustable. We generally use standard (or princess) length (45cm / 18"), with an additional 10cm chain go up to matinee length (55cm / 22"). This is the most popular length for necklaces.
Some necklaces have different lengths and a small number are not adjustable. Be sure to read the product details and also the materials & sizes section for details about this particular necklace.
Our necklace lengths chart will give an idea of how lengths will sit. Everyone is different, so we recommend measuring an existing necklace or using string to see what will suit you.
Important: measurements are the total length (circumference). Also remember that pendants will sit lower: check our sizes & materials section for full size details.
Still not sure? Check out our handy necklace length & style guide.
- You'll get FREE shipping in Australia for orders $50+. Learn more.
- Your order comes with our money back happiness guarantee.
- Each piece of jewellery is packaged in an eco-friendly gift box including care instructions.
- You can send orders directly to a gift recipient with a personal note. You can opt to add a gift card or add gift wrapping at checkout. Invoices are never included.
- Checkout is secure and you can pay using a credit card, Paypal, Shop Pay, Afterpay, Google or Apple payments.